An ottoman bed is a type of space saving bed where the base lifts to reveal storage space underneath. This is done via gas-lift hydraulics, making it easy to access, regardless of your strength or size. Ottoman beds open from either the foot end, or from either side.
Ottoman beds now come in hundreds of styles, materials, designs, sizes and colours available and this can make it confusing when trying to decide which one to go for. We have written a brief guide below to try and make this choice a little easier for you.
Best Ottoman Beds Deals UK To Buy
We have selected the most popular ottoman beds with up to 60% off & free delivery from UK’s trusted retailers, such as Happy Beds, Mattressman, Dreams, … They are availble in many designs and sizes, so you will find the perfect ottoman bed for you.
- Phoenix White Wooden Ottoman Storage Bed (from £369.99 instead of £409.99)
- Wilson Upholstered Ottoman Bed Frame (from £349 instead of £399)
- Grey Linen Ottoman Bed w/ Optional Spring Mattress (from £149.99 – save up to 40%)
- Chesterfield Ottoman Bed with Optional Mattress at Groupon
- Ashbourne Fabric Ottoman Bed (from £269)
- Birlea Berlin Fabric Ottoman Ottoman Bed in Fabric Grey (from £229.00 instead of £379.00)
- Heartlands Furniture Tanya White High Gloss Storage Bed Wooden Bed in White (from £735.00)
- Birlea Phoenix Stone Grey Ottoman Bed (from £435.00 instead of £649.00)
- Rimini Crushed Velvet Ottoman Bed (from £209)
- Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed (from £469.99 instead of £849.99)
My Amazon Picks
Best Ottoman Storage Bed Reviews
Phoenix Ottoman Bed White
Simply stylish with an undeniable element of beauty, the Phoenix White Wooden Ottoman Storage Bed offers a respectable amount of storage space for bedrooms that need to make the most of the space available. The modest sized ottoman section is accessed via gas powered pistons, which lifts to the comfortable and secure sleeping area up to reveal segregated sections, each of which perfectly host an array of different bedroom possessions.
Offering ample storage space, the Phoenix White Wooden Ottoman Storage Bed is separated into three equal parts, neatly accommodating anything from items of clothing to spare bedding. The Phoenix White Wooden Ottoman Storage Bed can safely store away a wealth of belongings, thanks to the impressive depth of 27cm of storage space from base to sleeping base. This sleeping base is a sprung slatted base, which provides sleepers with a secure sleeping surface that’s extremely comfortable.
Featuring an assembly process as simple as the design is sublime, the Phoenix White Wooden Ottoman Storage Bed is incredibly durable. Arriving as a flat packed piece of furniture, the Phoenix White Wooden Ottoman Storage Bed comes partnered with simple to follow assembly instructions that makes the construction process relatively easy.
Dreams Wilson Ottoman Bed
- Side opening ottoman
- Scrolled head end and foot end
- Cloth ottoman base
- Sprung slats
- Available in grey (fabric), silver (fabric) or black (faux leather)
- Internal storage depth: 20cm
- Matches our Wilson bedside chest in silver or grey and our Lucia storage chest in silver
Upholstered in a high quality fabric and with scrolled head end and foot end, the contemporary Wilson Bed Frame will add class to your room.
For ease of use, this stylish ottoman has colour coded holes that allows you to assemble the ottoman to lift up from the side of your choice.
Inside there is plenty of storage space, offering a simple and practical solution for keeping your room tidy.
The Wilson Bed Frame comes with sprung slats as standard, for added comfort and improving the lifetime of your mattress.
Grey Linen Ottoman Bed
- Bedroom furniture: Get a stylish ottoman bed.
- Design: Upholstered in grey linen.
- Comfort and style: With a padded headboard and slatted base for added comfort.
- Storage: Includes a gas lift system to provide extra storage space.
- Sizes: Available in single, small double, double or king sizes.
- Mattress: Upgrade to include a spring mattress!
From £149.99 instead of £249.99 for a grey linen ottoman bed frame with lift-up storage, or £219.99 to include a spring mattress – save up to 40%
Grey Chesterfield Ottoman Bed
- High padded headboards
- Crystal-like details on a headboard
- Lower footboard
- Posture sprung slatted base
- Height to the top of the headboard: 113cm
- Double dimensions: 230cm (L) x 156cm (W)
- King size dimensions: 240cm (L) x 169cm (W)
- Available colours: chenille silver, chenille charcoal, velvet silver, velvet black
- 19cm tufted Bonnell memory foam reversible mattress
- 13.5 gauge Bonnell spring unit
- Two Saturn pads (top and bottom)
- Knitted stretch for comfort
- Gold-dot fabric (top and bottom)
- Quilted damask side panel fabric
- Tape-edged and tufted
- Vacuum-packed rolled and boxed
- Dimensions king: 150cm x 200cm x 19cm
- Dimensions double: 135cm x 190cm x 19cm
Featuring sleigh headboard and footboard design and crystal-like detailing, this bed can complement almost any bedroom
Ashbourne Fabric Ottoman Bed
The Ashbourne Fabric Ottoman Bed is a lovely and functional addition to any contemporary bedroom. This retro-style bed frame features generous storage space beneath the sprung slatted base and the sleek, padded frame is upholstered in a smart, yet restrained hopsack fabric. Pale wooden legs provide an effective contrast to the dark grey finish and a comfortable, buttoned headboard adds a stylish boutique look.
Birlea Berlin Ottoman Bed
If you’re looking for a bed that is also a great space-saving solution, you may want to consider the Berlin Fabric Ottoman from Birlea. The bed frame is constructed out of steel, whilst the outside is upholstered in a grey polyester fabric. In the base of the bed, Birlea have included a protective sheet.
The storage space for this bed is right underneath where you sleep. Perfect for spare sheets, covers, pillows, cushions, clothes or whatever you need to store in your bedroom.
Certainly it’s some clever storage, and it holds up the mattress when accessing the storage below through strong gas-lifts. The gas piston strength of this frame is 600 N. For the gas-lifts to work, the mattress cannot weigh more than 45kg and must be on the bed.
White Gloss Ottoman Bed
Introducing the truly stunning Tanya storage bed, a must for lovers of clean contemporary design that will transform your bedroom in an instant.
Highly practical and effortlessly stylish, this gorgeous bed offers ample storage space with its lever-action ottoman style base, headboard storage space and handy built-in shelf. It also features a reflective high gloss finish that will bounce light throughout your bedroom. Keep you room looking fresh and tidy with the beautiful Tanya storage bed.
Birlea Phoenix Stone Grey Ottoman Bed
Birlea’s Phoenix Ottoman Bed in stone grey is another versatile and sleek piece, able to fit into many different styles of home. If you’re limited by space, then an ottoman bed could certainly be a great way for you to have storage solutions without having to take up extra space. Or if you’re simply looking for innovative storage, the Phoenix bed offers the perfect balance of space and style.
Large storage space
With ottomans, you can have storage without having to invest in other pieces of furniture to suffice. The base opens from the foot end and the frame holds up the mattress through its gas spring system. The gas piston strength is 588 N. Great for storing extra bedding, linens, pillows, clothes, shoes or whatever you need storing.
Rimini Crushed Velvet Ottoman Bed
The gorgeous Rimini Crushed Velvet Ottoman Bed is upholstered in a sumptuous crushed velvet fabric and features a stylish buttoned headboard. A hydraulic lift base leads to a generous storage space beneath, whilst the sprung slats offer superb support and even help to prolong the life of your mattress.
Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed
Add a statement of complete luxury to your bedroom with the Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed, crafted from materials of the highest quality and finished to a beautiful standard. Glamorous aesthetics, comfort-enhancing features and copious amounts of discrete storage allows the Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed to stand out from the crowd as a top grade bed frame.
The Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed boasts an incredible amount of storage space beneath the bed frame and mattress. Access to the ottoman storage area is very easy with the gas piston-powered arms taking the weight of the mattress. You can be sure that your belongings are kept safe with the solid base preventing both damage and dust.
The Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed boasts a grand and luxurious structure, with the most eye-catching feature being the tall headboard which showcases elegant buttoned detailing. The Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed is sure to immediately grab your attention as soon as you step into your bedroom, with contemporary grey upholstery to complement all colour schemes and bedroom interiors. Designed for a grand bedroom, the Wilson Grey Fabric Ottoman Storage Bed boasts space-maximising storage qualities to provide the tools for an organised and spacious bedroom fit for royalty.
Ottoman Bed Buying Guide
Looking for a new bed with plenty of storage? Perhaps you’re wondering “what is an ottoman bed?” You’ve come to the right place! Here, we’ve put together everything you need to know in our handy Ottoman bed buying guide so you can get snoring and storing in no time at all.
(1) What is an ottoman bed frame?
An ottoman bed is a bed with gas-lift hydraulics which lift up the base to reveal plentiful storage space underneath. They provide greater storage capacity than a drawer bed since you can make full use of the storage space underneath the bed.
They open from either the foot end of the bed, or from one side. This makes them a practical option if space is limited in your bedroom. They’re also an ideal choice if your bedroom is small.
(2) Ottoman bed base types
- Wooden ottoman beds
For a classic, durable design that will forever be fashionable, a wooden ottoman bed is the perfect option to create a traditional, rustic aesthetic in any room, providing a solid foundation for a wide range of decors and themes.
- Upholstered ottoman beds
Looking for something that feels just as cosy as it looks? An upholstered ottoman bed could be just the ticket. With frames covered in soft fabrics to create a luxuriously snug feel in a range of covers, upholstered beds are chic, quickly growing in popularity and allow for a truly bespoke style, tailored to suit any bedroom.
- TV ottoman beds
If you want to save even more space in your bedroom, why not opt for a TV ottoman bed? As well as the base lifting to reveal a spacious storage area, the framework of the bed securely houses your TV with no sacrifice to your floorspace – so say goodbye to cluttered bed stands and unsightly wall brackets!
(3) The benefits of an ottoman bed
- Ottoman beds help keep your bedroom tidy
Are you running out of space? An ottoman bed is perfect for storing towels, bedding and linens such as duvets, sheets and pillows. Items that are seasonal or for occasional use are also ideal to store away in an ottoman bed.
Helping to keep your bedroom free of clutter, you can enjoy a calm space to unwind in at the end of the day. Plus, because everything is contained within the closed storage area, your items will stay clean and dust-free.
- Ottoman beds are ideal for smaller spaces
Did you know? Modern homes and apartments are actually being made to smaller specifications. Therefore, how we use our available storage space is becoming increasingly important.
Because the entire area underneath the mattress can be used, ottoman beds are excellent space-savers – especially for smaller homes and apartments. Additionally, if you have a guest room, box room or even a loft room, you may not have enough room for extra furniture. An ottoman bed could therefore help to reduce your reliance on extra storage.
(4) What to look for when buying an ottoman bed?
So, you’ve made the very wise decision to invest in an ottoman bed, but before you place your order there are a few things you need to consider before you pick your perfect sleeping companion. Take a look at our super quick checklist below to make sure you’ve covered all bases to ensure you’ve made the right choice for you:
- Does the ottoman bed base lift from the bottom or the side of the bed?
Ottoman beds can lift from either the bottom or the side of the bed, so make sure you check this before purchasing and ensure this suits your space and requirements.
- How heavy is your mattress?
Each individual ottoman will have a weight limit for its base – read the details closely to double check your mattress does not exceed this. Need a new mattress, too? It’s your lucky day! Check out our full range of comfortable, supportive mattresses today.
- Have you measured the space you have available in your room?
Make sure your room is large enough to comfortably accommodate the size of ottoman bed you have selected, leaving enough space for easy access and manoeuvring. Take a look at our handy bed size guide above for help.
- How much storage space do you need?
Find out the exact depth and width of the ottoman storage space and assess whether this fits your requirements – these details can easily be found on our product pages under the ‘Dimensions’ dropdown tab.
(6) What sizes are available for an ottoman bed frame?
- Single ‐ Single ottoman beds are 211cm long and 103cm wide, with storage depth approx. 24cm depending on the bed. For small bedrooms, a single ottoman bed is ideal.
- Double – A double ottoman bed is approx. 135cm wide x 190cm long with ample room beneath to keep your things.
- Small Double – If you don’t have enough room to accommodate a double, a small double ottoman averages at 15cm narrower, perfect for smaller bedrooms.
- King – At 200cm tall and 150cm wide, an ottoman king size bed provides plenty of sleeping space as well as an abundance of storage within the bed frame.
- Super King – For ultimate luxury, a super king size ottoman can’t be beaten. This frame boasts an 180cm wide base, allowing you ample room to store things.
(7) What’s the best mattress for an ottoman bed?
Our mattresses and bed frames are typically sold separately, which allows you freedom to choose the best mattress for your needs. In general, there is no rule of thumb when choosing a mattress for an ottoman base. Any mattress types are suitable for this type of frame, as long as you choose the right size mattress according to the size of your ottoman. If you’re unsure which mattress is best for you, our Personal Comfort Guide tells you the best mattress for you based off your sleeping position.
(8) How to build an ottoman bed
To assemble your ottoman bed, it’s always advised to read the instructions provided with your specific frame. However, in general the steps include screwing together the bed frame, attaching the headboard and then installing the lifting mechanism. We can take the stress out of this for you with our assembly service, where we build your bed frame in your room of choice.
(9) What’s the best headboard for an ottoman bed?
Again there’s no hard rule when choosing a headboard to accompany your ottoman bed base. A lot of models come with a headboard included, however if you’d like to add a different headboard, these can simply be slotted into your ottoman divan base. Browse our range of headboards here. We offer wooden and metal varieties, as well as a wide range of upholstered headboards in a variety of colours and materials.
(10) Are there any other types of storage beds?
If you aren’t quite convinced by ottoman beds for storage, there are plenty of other space saving beds you can choose. Similar, but generally cheaper, are divan beds. Like ottomans, they take advantage of the space between your mattress and floor. The only difference is this storage space is accessible via drawers at the side of the bed, as opposed to lifting the mattress.