Orthopaedic mattress is a great choice for those who suffer from back pain and other musculoskeletal issues. An orthopaedic mattress encourages you to sleep with a healthy spine alignment, reduces the strain on key pressure points of the body which in turn promotes a better quality of sleep.
10 Best Orthopaedic Mattresses Deals To Buy - Up to 60% Off
If your current mattress is leaving you feeling more tired when you wake up than when you went to sleep, it’s time to consider a new mattress.
At here, we list a huge range of the best orthopaedic mattresses with up to 60% off the regular retail price and free next day delivery; Sizes available: small single, single, small double, double, king, super king. Back support mattresses are available from many leading mattress brands, such as Sleepeezee, Sealy and Rest Assured to name a few. Shop orthopaedic range today and enjoy a better night’s sleep.
- Sleepeezee Classic Ortho 800 Pocket Mattress (from £180.26)
- Pocket 3000 Spring Organic Pillow Top Mattress (From £89)
- Comfort Deluxe Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Rest Assured Venice 1400 Pocket Ortho Mattress (Up to 25% off)
- Fogarty Orthopaedic 1500 Pocket Sprung Mattress (from £249)
- Sealy Millionaire Orthopaedic Mattress (from £215.72)
- Signature Platinum 2000 Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Natural Fillings Mattress (from £199.99)
- Bamboo Vitality 2000 Pocket Sprung Memory and Reflex Foam Mattress (from £234.99)
- Sealy Jubilee Ortho Open Coil Mattress (from £250.75)
- Super Orthopaedic 7000 Mattress (Up to 63% Off)
Top 10 Orthopedic Mattress Reviews
Sleepeezee Classic Ortho Mattress
- 800 pocket springs provide personalised support for your body
- Pocket springs move independently to prevent roll-together
- Medium to firm feel to properly support your back
- A cosy comfort layer of soft white fibres
- Hypoallergenic – a great choice for allergy sufferers
- Finished with a smooth and luxurious damask cover
- Discreet tufts keep the comfort fillings secure
- Single-sided, so there is no need to turn!
- Sturdy built-in handles are included for easy movement
- Air vents allow excess heat and moisture to escape
- Mattress depth: 24cm
- Made in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
A wonderfully comfortable, firmer mattress featuring responsive pocket springs and hypoallergenic comfort fillings for a fresher, more restful sleep.
Organic 3000 Orthopaedic Pocket Spring Pillow Top Mattress
- Bed furnishings: Sleep easy with an orthopaedic pillow top mattress!
- Pocketed springs: 3000 pocketed springs provide maximum comfort.
- Six sizes: Small single, single, small double, double, king or super king.
- Extra thickness: 10-11 inches thick to provide you with complete comfort.
- Filling: Filled with a blend wool, wadded, silk and cashmere.
- Six month guarantee: Pillow top is sewn onto the sides of the mattress underneath to increase the durability
With this pocket spring organic pillow top mattress you’re guaranteed to wake up on the right side of bed every morning!
Comfort Deluxe Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Thickness: 20 cm.
- Customised home thanks to its memory foam and 6 comfort zones. Thickness: 5 cm, high density: 50 kg/m3.
- Firm support thanks to high resilience polyurethane foam. Thickness: 14 cm. Density: 35 kg/m3.
- Removable viscose fibre cover
- Made in France.
Memory foam mattress, 6 comfort zones. Sleep on the best in memory foam mattresses. The 6 comfort zones allow for a custom welcome by adapting to the 6 different parts of the body.
Rest Assured Orthopedic Mattress
- Firm support system, featuring 1400 pocket springs
- Springs move individually to absorb movement and provide personalised support
- Orthopaedic, firm feel will benefit and support your back
- Hypoallergenic and free from foam and chemical treatments for peace of mind
- Sustainably-sourced polyester comfort layer
- Polyester is hypoallergenic and breathable for a fresher night’s sleep
- Wonderfully soft knitted cover
- Hand-tufted to secure fillings and increase the longevity of your mattress
- Single-sided – no need to flip over
- Mattress depth: 26cm
- Made in Lancashire, UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
The Rest Assured Venice 1400 Pocket Ortho Mattress is a high-quality firm, orthopaedic mattress.
Handcrafted in Lancashire with over 100 years of expertise, you can be sure you’ll receive a mattress of quality. This mattress is covered by Rest Assured’s generous 5 Year Guarantee, so you can buy in total confidence.
Fogarty Premium Orthopaedic 3500 Pocket Sprung Mattress
- Orthopaedic support
- 1500 responsive pocket springs
- Tufted padded surface
- Handles for rotating and turning
- Air vents
- Medium comfort
- 23cm depth
- Dual sided sleep surfaces
- 5-year manufacture guarantee
- Handmade in the UK
- Available in a choice of sizes
Featuring 1500 firm-feel pocket springs, this Fogarty orthopaedic pocket sprung mattress provides enhanced support for those who prefer a firmer feel.
Sealy Posturepedic Millionaire Ortho Mattress
Firm, orthopaedic and incredibly comfortable, the Millionaire Orthopaedic features Sealy’s PostureTech Core Support spring system. The springs have been designed to be super-firm, with the additional benefit of making the mattress suitable for people of heavier stature.
Sealy’s PostureTech Core Support spring system offers orthopaedically superior support – without any compromise to comfort. With a higher spring count than you would find in traditional spring mattresses, you can enjoy higher levels of response and comfort. Just like you’d expect from a Sealy, the springs align to your body for a healthy posture as you sleep.
The only beds authorised by the Orthopaedic Advisory Board, it’s hard to dispute that the Sealy Millionaire Orthopaedic Mattress is anything but the king of Sealy’s firm mattresses!
Signature Platinum 2000 Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Natural Fillings Mattress
- Filled with a wealth of wool, silk and cashmere
- Adorned with luxurious damask fabric
- Finished with a rich, hand-tufted wool and cotton top
- Crafted with an immense pocket spring count
- Rated at a medium/firm firmness level, making it ideal for orthopaedic requirements
- Superb and durable hand-stitched handles
- Exemplary hand-crafted quality
- Modestly sized at 25cm
- Only requires flipping and rotating every six weeks to maintain high quality
The Signature Platinum Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Natural Fillings Mattress is utterly luxurious and worthy of royalty, serving as one of the finest mattresses available on the market. Crafted with an immense wealth of exemplary quality materials and adhering to a sublime design, few mattresses can compare to the majesty of the Signature Platinum Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Natural Fillings Mattress.
Bamboo Vitality Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Crafted using eco-friendly bamboo yarn, which is naturally hypoallergenic and extremely cosy
- Individually nested pocket springs gives ultimate support
- Adorned with 5cm of body contouring memory foam which moulds to your shape
- Made using thickness enhancing reflex foam, the likes of which help those with back and joint pain
- Complete with strategically placed, breathable enhancing air vents for longevity
- Rated at a medium firmness level, making it both comfortable and supportive
- Only requires rotating every six weeks to maintain high quality
- Accommodatingly thick at 27cm, making this mattress a good choice for virtually any adult bed frame
- Exemplary hand-crafted quality, made in the UK exclusively for Happy Beds
Designed to be the more luxurious, older brother to the Bamboo Pocket Mattress, the Bamboo Vitality Pocket Sprung Memory and Reflex Foam Mattress has been designed to showcase the many benefits of utilising eco-friendly bamboo fibre. Filled, topped and lined with bamboo yarn, the Bamboo Vitality Pocket Sprung Memory and Reflex Foam Mattress is also enriched with the likes of special memory and reflex foams as well as an abundance of individually nested pocket springs.
Sealy Jubilee Orthopaedic Mattress
As part of the new Jubilee range from Sealy, the Jubilee Ortho features Sealy’s own PostureTech 620 spring system with a thick layer of memory foam.Designed in conjunction with leading orthopaedic scientists, Sealy are ahead of the field for those requiring extra back care. Working with body moulding memory foam, it evenly distributes weight from the heaviest parts of the body, relieving pressure points. The cover incorporates eco-friendly Tencel fibres that naturally regulate your sleeping temperature and keep you dry.
Super Orthopaedic 7000 Mattress
- Tufted damask fabric cover
- Helps to relieve pressure points across the body
- Fillings for extra comfort
- 900gsm polyester filling/150gsm duopad (both sides)
- 3D vented border
- Total depth: approx. 25cm
- Bonnell spring unit
- Suitable for most types of standard size bed bases
- 12.5 gauge orthopaedic spring unit
- Full head-to-toe anatomical support
- Designed to promote good blood circulation
- Suitable for people with back pain
- Hypo-allergenic filling
- Rotate only
- Firmness: medium/firm
- Sizes available: small single, single, small double, double, king, super king
Suitable for people with back pain, this orthopaedic mattress is designed to promote good blood circulation and provide head-to-toe support
Orthopaedic Mattresses Buying Guide
To find out more about the best orthopaedic mattresses, take a look at our dedicated orthopaedic mattress buying guide.
(1) What Is An Orthopaedic Mattress?
An orthopaedic mattress is specifically designed to provide optimal support to key areas of the body while you sleep. A suitable orthopaedic mattress for back pain, the firm sleeping surface alleviates spinal pressure, reducing feelings of soreness and tenderness.
Orthopaedic mattresses are a revolutionary technology which spreads body weight around evenly, rather than allowing you to sink in one place, as you would with a softer mattress. These mattresses support your body by taking strain away from joints and other pain points.
(2) Benefits of an orthopaedic mattress
Most orthopaedic mattresses are firm or extra firm, as the firm surface helps distribute your weight, helping relieve painful pressure points on your neck, back and hips. Taking this pressure away promotes the natural alignment of the spine and as a result a better night’s sleep as you are less likely to wake up in pain during the night.
Another benefit is relaxation of the muscles. When the spine is correctly aligned, your muscles can finally relax and recuperate without the need to work overtime to keep you balanced as you sleep.
What’s more, orthopaedic mattresses can be used on a range of beds including fabric beds, metal beds and TV beds.
(3) How Firm Are Orthopaedic Mattresses?
Orthopaedic mattresses are generally rated firm or extra firm. This additional firmness allows your body weight to be more evenly distributed across the mattress, relieving painful pressure points while maintaining a natural spinal alignment. Mattresses with orthopaedic support help reduce pain, improve sleep quality, and decrease stress levels.
Orthopaedic mattresses aren’t restricted to being used by those with back and joint pain, either. An orthopaedic mattress is also a suitable choice for users who simply prefer the supportive feel of firm mattresses. We also offer orthopaedic bed mattresses with medium firmness levels. These medium orthopaedic mattresses are suitable for users who require additional comfort and cushion layers alongside back support to help them get to sleep.
(4) What Types Of Orthopaedic Mattress Are Available?
Orthopaedic beds can be purchased with an array of fillings, providing sleep support to users with an assortment of needs and ailments. There are various levels of back and joint pain, and our broad orthopaedic bed range offers differing top layer materials and contents to complement the firm orthopaedic base.
- Pocket Sprung
Pocket sprung mattresses with orthopaedic support offer slight amounts of body absorption, with internal springs reacting to body contours. Retaining the firm ortho mattress feel, the pocket sprung design reduces roll together and movement, making them a well-suited mattress for couples who suffer from back pain. Our orthopaedic pocket sprung mattresses are handmade by Sleepeezee to the highest specifications, delivering a winning duo of cushioned comfort and back support. ➤ Shop Cheap Pocket Sprung Mattresses
- Memory Foam
Memory foam mattresses are made from visco-elastic foam and react to body heat to wrap around your contours. These mattresses offer pain relief by moulding around your body shape, moving it into a comfortable posture. A memory foam orthopaedic mattress features a more luxurious top layer for comfort which is backed up an additional firm bottom layer for orthopaedic support. This effective combination is also breathable and cooling, helping to reduce overheating in the night. ➤ Shop Cheap Memory Foam Mattresses
- Traditional Sprung
Mattresses with open coil springs are designed with an interior system which brings a high number of springs together for heightened body support. Ideal for back and joint pain, orthopaedic spring mattresses reinforce the firmness of the surface, holding your body up rather than absorbing its weight, which helps to promote a consistent and healthy spinal position. With models available from some of the top mattress brands, traditionally sprung mattresses with orthopaedic support are suitable for back pain sufferers who require additional support. ➤ Shop Cheap Traditional Sprung Mattresses
- Reflex Foam
Reflex foam mattresses comprise of dense polyurethane foam which is highly responsive. This reactive design makes it suitable for back pain sufferers as it effectively combines firmness and cushioned support as well as being adept at promoting spinal alignment. These orthopaedic reflex foam mattresses are flexible in design, bouncing back into their original position quickly once pressure is relieved. ➤ Shop Cheap Reflex Foam Mattresses
My Amazon Picks
Orthopaedic Mattress - FAQs
(1) What does Orthopaedic mattress mean?
An orthopedic mattress (or orthopaedic mattress) is a mattress designed to support the joints, back and overall body. As its name suggests, an orthopaedic mattress has been influenced by the medical study of orthopaedics which focuses on disorders or deformities of the spine and joints.
(2) What are the benefits of an orthopedic mattress?
An orthopaedic mattress provides increased comfort and support for those suffering with back aches and pains, arthritis, and joint problems. Extra support helps improve the posture during sleep, reducing the odds of the discomforts of pains and aches waking you up.
(3) Are orthopedic mattresses firm?
Orthopaedic mattresses are extra firm. They are designed to provide you with maximum support throughout the night, gently supporting your back and joints to minimise aches and pains.
(4) Is orthopedic mattress better than memory foam?
If you have joint/back pain, an orthopaedic mattress could be your best option. If you’re a light sleeper and easily disturbed by your partner, choose a pocket sprung or memory foam mattress instead of open coil. … The only way to truly know if a particular mattress is right for you is to try it out.
(5) Are Orthopaedic mattresses any good?
Orthopaedic mattresses offer high levels of support, pressure relief and comfort. Whilst they are particularly beneficial for those who have a bad back or experience aches and pains throughout the night, this type of mattress isn’t only for those who suffer from back pain.
(6) What’s the difference between orthopedic foam and memory foam?
Memory foam works by molding to the shape of your dog’s body, reducing pressure points and relieving pain. … A true orthopedic bed will have at least a layer of therapeutic memory foam on top and a layer of high quality support foam beneath.
(7) What are orthopedic mattresses made of?
How It’s Made. Orthopedic mattresses can be any type of mattress, from memory foam, latex, and innerspring. The main differentiator is if the bed’s aim is to help alleviate back pain and joint issues.
(8) What is the difference between Posturepedic and orthopedic?
Where does the word ‘Posturepedic’ come from? The word ‘Posturepedic’ is a contraction of the words posture – the position in which a person holds their body – and Orthopaedic – the medically correct position of skeletal and associated structures of the body.
(9) Do orthopedic mattresses have springs?
An orthopaedic mattress is one that’s specially designed to reduce stress on your back, neck and joints and alleviate aches and pains. They tend to be firmer, with a spring gauge of 12.5, which is the firmest and most durable spring available in a mattress. You can buy pocket sprung or open coil orthopaedic mattresses.
(10) Are Sealy Posturepedic mattresses good?
The Sealy Response Performance mattress is the only Sealy mattress to make Best lists and the only innerspring mattress in Best Mattresses of 2020 rating. The Response Performance features Sealy’s Posturepedic Technology. Posturepedic provides a zone of extra support across the width of the mattress.
(11) Is Posturepedic better than Tempurpedic?
When it comes to price, Posturepedic is significantly more affordable than Tempur-Pedic. Both hybrid mattresses contain individually encased coils for support. However, mattresses with Posturepedic technology provide more support to your back and core than Tempur-Pedic.