For a comfortable mattress that moulds perfectly to the shape and weight of your body, a memory foam mattress is an ideal choice. Memory foam mattresses have become increasingly popular over the years. They consist of a foam that reacts to the heat of your body, shifting to embrace every curve and ensuring you receive a personalised and luxurious sleep.
Top 10 Best Memory Foam Mattress Deals - Up to 60% Off
Treat yourself to the peaceful slumber you know you deserve and order your memory foam mattress from extensive range today! All of memory foam mattresses are available with Free Delivery and they include huge discounts of up to 60% off.
- Impressions 6000 Cool Blue Memory and Reflex Foam Orthopaedic Mattress (From £169.99)
- Mattress 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- Romantica Bamboo Memory Mattress (Up to 15% off)
- Coolmax Memory Foam Mattress (Up to 30% Off)
- Total Relief Memory Foam Mattress (From £99)
- Emma Essential Mattress – Single, Double, King or Superking (Save up to 53%)
- Comfort Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress
- Hypnia 6 inch Memory Foam Mattress
- Pure Relief Memory Foam Mattress (Up to 75% Off)
- New Sensation 1200 Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress (From £224.99)
While sleep needs and preferences vary from person-to-person, memory foam beds offer a smart alternative to a standard mattress. With the ability to provide natural pain support, as well as a molded fit specific to your body, memory foam beds are worthy of consideration when shopping for a new mattress. And with so many to choose from, you’re bound to find your perfect match!
1. Cool Blue Memory Foam Mattress Review
A modest choice for those seeking a good compromise between good back support and great levels of comfort, the Impressions 6000 Cool Blue provides the ideal balance for a good night’s sleep. Complete with an excellent ratio of reflex to memory foam, the Impressions 6000 Cool Blue truly is a top choice.
Crafted with 120mm reflex foam for a firm foundation and 50mm of memory foam for a comfortable top layer, the Impressions 6000 Cool Blue is a fairly average sized mattress at 17cm thick, yet no part of its interior is wasted.
The Impressions 6000 Cool Blue is an excellent mattress for orthopaedic purposes, thanks to the combination of reflex and memory foams. It’s a medium level of firmness, providing a good amount of comfort, all whilst maintaining great back and joint support thanks to the thick memory foam layer.
An additional element that enriches the Impressions 6000 Cool Blue is the luxurious Double Jersey fabric cover, the likes of which is removable. This allows a much easier way to keep the Impressions 6000 Cool Blue clean, and as it is a foam based mattress it only needs to be rotated every six weeks to keep it looking and feeling its best.
2. 10 inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 100% Foam
- Float on a cloud in amazing comfort with body-conforming memory foam and ventilated pressure relief foam
- Temperature-reactive memory foam. In normal temperatures it is somewhat firm, but as you lay down, it reacts to the temperature of your body and begins to mold itself to your shape.
- Weight is evenly distributed along the surface, relieving pressure points and helping you to sleep deeper without tossing and turning
- Product Dimensions: 60″ W x 80″ L x 10″ H
- Mattress layers: 3 inches memory foam, 2 inches Super Soft Foam with pressure relief system and 5 inches high density foam
- Pressure relief system virtually eliminates all pressure points to ensure a comfortable night sleep
10 inch Mattress Memory Foam Mattress provides a great sleeping surface. In normal temperatures it is somewhat firm, but when you lay down, it starts reacting to the temperature of your body and begins to mold itself to your shape. Then, weight is evenly distributed along the surface, relieving pressure points and helping you to sleep more without tossing and turning. The breathable ventilated foam design optimizes airflow, reducing body heat and helping to keep your topper fresh for a longer time. Our mattress is made with CertiPUR-US certified foams and wrapped in an OEKO-TEX certified fabric. Deep dual layers: memory foam top + super soft foam + high density base support layer, rich poly jacquard fabric cover, 10-year manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Romantica Bamboo Memory Foam Mattress Review
Perfect comfort, soothing pressure relief, gentle support and exceptional freshness as you sleep – look no further than the Bamboo Memory Mattress by Romantica!
Helping to soothe away those aches and pains, a sumptuous 1.5cm layer of memory foam cradles your body as you sleep, to help you wake up feeling refreshed and revitalised.
In a medium to soft level of firmness, this mattress is perfect for those who prefer gentle support.
Completing the Bamboo Memory, a reinforced mattress edge helps to keep all those plush fillings in for enhanced stability and support.
Featuring an innovative bamboo cover finish, the Bamboo Memory has everything you need for night after night of wonderfully comfortable sleep, at a price you will love!
With its natural absorption and moisture-wicking properties, bamboo is an exceptional mattress cover. Working to keep you fresher and cooler throughout the night, this high quality, softly knitted cover material looks as good as it feels!
4. Coolmax Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
The Coolmax Classic Memory Foam Mattress features a luxurious layer of memory foam which adds comfort to the durable and supportive reflex foam base. The breathable Coolmax cover offers you a cool and dry sleep environment, and helps disburse moisture build up. With free delivery 1-3 working days.
- Supportive Memory Foam
The top layer of of this Coolmax memory foam mattress moulds to the contours of your body, providing comfort and pressure-relief. This 3cm deep memory foam comfort layer is good for front and back sleepers, however if you sleep on your side we suggest something slightly deeper.
- Cooling Coolmax Cover
This value memory foam mattress is ideal for those on a budget, and has a supportive reflex foam base and a washable Coolmax mattress cover. Coolmax fabric wicks away excess heat and moisture from your body, so you stay dry, cool and undisturbed throughout the night.
- Mattress Delivery
The Coolmax Classic is normally shipped same day on orders before 1pm and delivered within 1-3 working days as a rolled up mattress, allowing you to move it into your room of choice quickly and easily.
5. Total Relief Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Soft-touch, cool-flex quilted cover
- Removable hypoallergenic cover (can be dry cleaned)
- Dust- and mite-resistant (ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers)
- Combines high-density reflex foam and high-density memory foam
- Designed to offer multi-zone support
Combining reflex foam and high-density memory foam, this mattress is designed to offer multi-zone support for a good night’s sleep
6. Emma Essential Foam Mattress Reviews
- Emma mattress: Get an Emma Essential mattress – just the thing you need for a restful night’s sleep every night!
- Breathable Hybrid Foam : Emma’s memory foam is perfect for all sleepers, whether you sleep on your side, front or back.
- Supportive: The medium soft mattress is designed to suit all body types, with unique cutouts that support shoulders and hips.
- Temperature Regulating: Two layers of breathable foam work away moisture to help you stay cool.
- Five Sizes: Single, small double, double, king or super king.
- Removable & Washable Covers: Temperature-regulating top cover and bottom cover are washable at 40 degrees.
7. Comfort Deluxe Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Thickness: 20 cm.
- Customised home thanks to its memory foam and 6 comfort zones. Thickness: 5 cm, high density: 50 kg/m3.
- Firm support thanks to high resilience polyurethane foam. Thickness: 14 cm. Density: 35 kg/m3.
- Removable viscose fibre cover
- Made in France.
8. Hypnia 6 inch Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
- Double Size 4ft6 x 6ft3 / 135cm x 190cm – Total Depth: 6 inch
- Memory Foam Depth: 1 inch
- Density: 75 kg/m3 – Comfort Rating: Medium – Firm
- Includes Removable Washable CoolSoft Cover (Cover may vary from image)
- Hypoallergenic, Dust and Dust Mite Resistant, Non Turn
Originally developed by the world’s leading scientists at NASA, memory foam has now been adapted to provide the ultimate mattress solution. Memory foam reacts to the warmth of your body and contours to your shape in any position, supporting the areas that need it most allowing you to drift off into deep, high quality sleep. By doing this the pressure of your weight on the mattress is spread over a larger surface area which reduces pressure points and improves blood flow. Memory Foam will always remember its original shape and return to its normal size after each excellent night’s sleep.
9. Pure Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Made from the finest quality foams
- Features a high quality, soft touch, cool flex quilted cover
- Removable hypoallergenic quilted cove that can be dry cleaned
- Allergy-friendly, dust mite resistant
- Total depth of 20cm
Combining reflex foam and high density memory foam, this mattress is designed to offer multi-zone support for an uniterrupted sleep
10. New Sensation 1200 Memory Foam Sprung Mattress Reviews
Sensational in both name and nature, the New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress is a luxurious mattress that offers an exemplary level of comfort. Crafted using a wealth of different, exquisite materials, the New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress is a delightful choice for a new, master bedroom’s mattress, especially for those seeking a sublime pocket sprung mattress or an exceptionally accommodating memory foam mattress.
Adorned with an indulgent velvet-like material, the New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress is finished with rich velour. A plush style fabric, the New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress is magnificently soft and incredibly comfortable. The New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress also acts as an amazing memory foam mattress, featuring a thick layer of memory foam, the likes of which contours to sleeper’s bodies for a more secure and comfortable night’s sleep.
The New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress isn’t just a purely regal choice but an incredibly accommodating one too. A modest choice of pocket sprung mattress, the New Sensation Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress is filled with individually nested pocket springs and innovatively designed to host sleepers with their own separate sleeping spaces, isolating any restless movements.
Memory Foam Mattress Buying Guide
Getting a good night’s sleep is essential to staying happy and healthy.
But buying a mattress without doing your research first can lead to sleepless nights and achey mornings, if you aren’t sleeping on a supportive base. And mattresses can cost anything from a few hundred pounds to thousands, so you’ll want to make sure your chosen mattress is worth the investment before you buy.
Just like buying any mattress you really do need to do your research to be able to choose the very best mattress. Here is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about memory foam mattresses.
Should I buy a memory foam mattress?
Memory foam mattresses have been around for nearly 30 years now. You may be tempted by them in thinking they can offer you a better night sleep. Memory foam mattresses may go by many names from Eve, Casper, Tempur, Simba and a whole other set of ‘space-age’ mattress descriptions. They all contain variants of memory foams that have been man-made such as Memory foam to synthetic latex (nothing like the real thing we’re afraid!). One of the common questions is should I buy a memory foam mattress? That depends on whether or not you fully understand what memory foam is! So let’s take a really detailed look at memory foam mattresses.
- What is a memory foam mattress?
- Memory foam mattress firmness
- The benefits of memory foam mattress
- How do you make a memory foam bed cooler?
- How long does it take before the smell goes on memory foam?
- What is a pocket spring memory foam mattress?
- Can a memory foam mattress be flipped?
1. What is a memory foam mattress?
A memory foam mattress – or memory mattress – is a mattress with a layer of viscoelastic (memory foam) on top. Memory foam mattresses are remarkably comfortable, provide high levels of pressure relief and are naturally hypoallergenic. They’re temperature-sensitive and contour to your unique shape, giving you extra care for aches and pains.
2. Memory foam mattress firmness
If you sleep on your side or vary your sleeping position during the night, consider a Medium comfort grade mattress. These provide extra cushioning that allows your body to sink further into the mattress while keeping your spine aligned and healthy.
For those who sleep on their front or back, a Firm or Very Firm mattress is the more suitable choice. The extra firmness provides increased support for your spine and joints. The benefit of memory foam is it will respond to your body shape, providing even more support and comfort while sleeping in this position.
3. The benefits of memory foam mattress
- Memory foam mattress provides a true body fit
Mattresses constructed of memory foam actively mold to your body in response to heat and pressure, allowing the surface to evenly distribute body weight when occupied and return to its original shape once pressure is removed.
- Memory foam mattress provides temperature-control support
We know that your body temperature can affect how well you sleep. Memory foam beds are manufactured using a temperature-sensitive material, which allows the mattress to adjust your body heat and weight—as your temperature increases, the mattress becomes softer to provide a good night’s sleep. If you’re typically warm-blooded, you may want to consider a memory foam mattress with a cooling feature.
- Memory foam mattress provides pain-relief comfort
Memory foam bedding provides health benefits by relieving pain, body aches and soreness, as well as helping your body to recover more quickly from injuries. Areas of pain have a slightly higher temperature than the rest of the body, and memory foam detects these differences and molds to the body accordingly by adding or reducing pressure to the area.
- Memory foam mattress is allergy friendly
According to Environment, Health and Safety Online, a typical mattress that has been used for a few years, contains anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million dust mites inside. Memory foam mattresses, however, are composed of polyurethane foam, which is made of fibers that prevent allergy-causing dust mites from collecting within the bed. Unlike standard mattresses, memory foam’s dense composition prevents the accumulation of allergens over time.
- Memory foam mattress provides motion transfer resistance
A logical option for couples, memory foam absorbs surface movement to reduce disturbances when a partner moves around in bed. This is good news for those who have partners who toss and turn, as disturbances are minimal all while the mattress conforms to each of your body’s unique needs.
4. How do you make a memory foam bed cooler?
Because of memory foam’s absorbent and cocooning nature, it can get a little hotter at night.
While you can purchase additional mattress toppers that help absorb moisture to cool you down, this kind-of contradicts the point of having a memory foam mattress – after all, you want to enjoy the sumptuous-feel of memory foam, so why take the away with extra layers?
Silentnight memory foam mattresses, however, comes with breathable borders. This is to help increase airflow through the mattress, so you can still enjoy the cloud-like comfort of memory foam, without feeling all hot and bothered through the night.
5. How long does it take before the smell goes on memory foam?
Some residual odour may be apparent on removing your new foam mattress from its packaging. A mattress is packaged in airtight polythene immediately after it is manufactured to ensure that it is sterile, dry and clean for the consumer.
This has pros and cons. On the upside you know that no one has had dirty, sweaty hands on the place you plan to sleep. Unfortunately it also means that the smell from the treatments used on the fabrics is not able to escape leaving the mattress with that toxic “new-mattress” smell. This is quite normal and not a cause for concern.
Please give the mattress time to air by leaving it uncovered in a well ventilated room for several hours before use.
6. What is a pocket spring memory foam mattress?
A pocket spring memory foam mattress is a mattress with a pocket sprung support system and memory foam comfort filling.
The pocket spring support system provides the core of the mattress. These springs come individually nested and respond to your individual movement to provide tailored support.
On top of the spring support system is the memory foam comfort filling. This gives you an extra layer of comfort and provides the cocooning, sumptuous-feeling that customers love.
7. Can a memory foam mattress be flipped?
As a general rule of thumb, memory foam mattresses are single sided – this means they can’t be flipped because the comfort filling is on the top of the mattress and not the bottom.
However, we do recommend you rotate your mattress every few months to prolong the lifespan of the mattress.
Memory Foam Mattress FAQs
(1) Are memory foam mattresses good?
Yes, memory foam mattresses are great if you’re looking for plush comfort, support and pressure relief. The best memory foam mattress adapts to your shape and movements as you sleep, for a tailor-made feel. This also helps prevent motion-transfer – so you won’t be disturbed if your partner turns over.
(2) Which memory foam mattress is best?
The best memory foam mattress is one that provides the comfort and support you need to get the best sleep. You can choose from firmer, medium or softer memory foam mattresses. There are a wide variety of brands to choose from too, including Silentnight, Sealy or Mlily.
(3) How long do memory foam mattresses last?
Memory foam mattresses can last a long time. How long it lasts depends on a variety of factors, including how often you use it and the quality of your mattress. However, as with all mattresses, eventually you will need to replace it. We recommend changing your mattress every seven years, in line with advice from the National Bed Federation.
(4) What Is The Cheapest Memory Foam Mattress?
These mattresses cost anywhere from £200 – £3000, however, the more you pay does not always mean the more you get. With the rise of direct to consumer business models in the new and growing bed in a box industry, it’s actually becoming increasingly easy to get a premium mattress that would have conventionally cost over £1000, for far cheaper due to the lack of retailer margin being put on top and lower delivery costs associated with the fact that foam mattresses with a reflex base can be delivered rolled, saving on warehouse space and delivery bulk that would otherwise add to costs.
(5) How long do memory foam mattresses last?
So the good news here is that memory foam does not inherently perform worse over time relative to any other mattress materials. As such the quality of the mattress you purchase should not be impaired by the memory foam properties. Expectations for mattress length should be around 5-7 years, that is not a guarantee as there are always different types of quality in all materials, however, it should be used as a guide and expectation provided you are not “cheaping” out too much.
(6) Are memory foam mattresses safe for children?
Yes, memory foam mattresses are safe for children, provided they adhere to UK safety standards. As with all foam mattresses, we recommend that you aerate them in a well-ventilated room for a few hours before use. Memory foam mattresses are comfortable and support your child as they grow. They’re also naturally hypoallergenic and are easy to care for too. Read our mattress guide for children or find out more about what mattress to buy for your baby.
(8) What is the best base for a memory foam mattress?
All you need for your foam mattress is a solid base. Closely laid wooden slats, a metal base, a bunkie board, or even the floor will all do just fine in place of a box spring. That said, if your box spring is rigid and firm (less than an inch of give), it should be okay to use with a memory foam or latex mattress.
(9) What is the best depth for memory foam mattress?
Memory foam mattresses are usually anywhere between 15–35cm (6–14 inches) thick.
(10) What is the best thickness for a memory foam mattress?
Side sleepers should usually go for a memory foam mattress with a depth of at least 22cm.
Back sleepers may want one with a minimum depth of 15–20cm.
(11) What should I put under a memory foam mattress?
All that is required to support your new memory foam mattress is a solid foundation. Bunkie boards, metal bases, wooden slats, or the floor will give you the support you need. Firm box springs would be okay. Make sure to keep a check for any wear and tear to keep your memory foam mattress in good condition.
(12) Is memory foam bad for stomach sleepers?
Memory foam responds to a sleeper’s weight and heat to adjust to their shape, cradling their body and relieving pressure points. … While sleepers from any weight group may find this firmness comfortable, it is a particularly appropriate setting for stomach sleepers between 130 and 230 pounds.