Pocket sprung mattresses are one of the most popular types of mattress available. Favoured due to their firm support and pressure relieving abilities, these mattresses come in all sizes as well as a range of comfort levels.
A 4000 pocket sprung mattress offers unbeatable comfort and orthopaedic support. There are many competing 4000 pocket spring seals on the market and how do I know if pocket spring mattress is right for you? If you’re left feeling confused by all the talk of pocket springs, coil springs, spring counts, .. this 4000 pocket sprung mattress buying guide was written for you.
Top Five 4000 Pocket Sprung Mattress Deals To Buy
We’ve picked five cheap and mid-priced 4000 pocket sprung mattresses from the best UK’s retailers because not everyone is looking to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on a mattress. They are available in single, double and king size.
From £109 (Save up to 46%)
From £239 (Save up to 57%)
4000 Pocket Spring Mattress Buying Guides
(1) What is a pocket sprung mattress?
A pocket sprung mattress is made up of individual springs enclosed within their own pockets of fabric. Different from a traditional or open-coil mattress where springs are linked together, the independent movement of a pocket spring means the mattress is able to follow and support the contours of your body no matter how you move
(2) What are the benefits of a pocket sprung mattress?
The more springs in a pocket sprung mattress, the more support it will provide. Increased support means that perfect spinal alignment is much more achievable – good spinal alignment alleviates many symptoms of various back and neck problems. The individual spring responses also mean that your movements are less likely to disturb your partner’s sleep.
A pocket sprung mattress distributes the weight of your body across many different springs, relieving pressure points which cause aches, pains and disturbed sleep.
(3) How many springs are there in a pocket sprung mattress?
Typically, the number of springs in a pocket sprung mattress vary from 1000 to 4000 springs. The amount of springs per mattress will depend on the brand and size of the mattress. For example, all spring counts are based on a king size mattress, so the actual spring count of the same model will vary in a pocket sprung single or super king mattress even though the proportional spring count remains the same.
As a general rule of thumb, anything less than 1000 springs can be categorised as low quality. The quality of anything above will depend on your comfort preferences. As the number of springs increase in your mattress, so too does the levels of support you receive. Mattresses with high levels of springs are generally thought of as being high in quality and being better for those who suffer from aches and pains.
(4) How many pocket springs should a good mattress have?
Try to stay over 1000 pocket springs – We would always recommend keeping the spring count above 1000 springs. An exception to this would be if other technologies were used in the mattress such as foams, encapsulation etc.
My Amazon Picks
Best 4000 Pocket Sprung Mattress Review
#1. Tennyson 4000 Twin Pocket Sprung Air Flow Orthopaedic Natural Fillings Mattress
Wonderfully comfortable whilst being accommodatingly firm, the Tennyson Twin Pocket Sprung Natural Fillings Mattress provides sleepers with an immensely cosy night’s sleep. The Tennyson Twin Pocket Sprung Natural Fillings Mattress is crafted with a keen focus on exquisite comfort, featuring a wealth of exceptional materials that grants a sturdy sleeping space. A superb choice as an orthopaedic mattress as well as a naturally filled mattress, the Tennyson Twin Pocket Sprung Natural Fillings Mattress is utterly luxurious.
#2. Windsor Ultimate 4000 Silver Pocket Sprung Mattress
- Mattress: Treat yourself to a Windsor 4000 pocket sprung mattress.
- Sizes: Option of single, double or king.
- Support: Features medium strength springs and includes surround edge strength support.
- Silver fibre: Maintains its properties and hygienic structure even at low temperatures.
- Advantages: Antibacterial, hygienic, odour reduction and eco-friendly.
- Layers: Filled with layers of hypo-allergenic fillings to work in unison with the silver fibre.
3. Royal Supreme 4000 Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress
- Get a pocket sprung memory foam mattress.
- With a memory foam layer to provide you extra support.
- A 4000 Pocket Sprung mattress.
- Hand-crafted in the UK.
- Designed to assist airflow with strategically placed air vents.
- Medium to firm rating
#4. 4000 Pacific Pocket Sprung With Memory Foam Mattress
- 4000 pacific pocket sprung with memory foam mattress
- Made of double Jersey fabric with Aloe Vera, offering a healthy and deep sleep
- 30 mm Memory foam combined with 50 mm Reflex foam conforming to your body shape
- Mattress tension: Medium level of support
- The product is handmade in the UK
#5. Luxury Cashmere 4000 Pocket Sprung Mattress
- Each spring is individually encased and is designed to contour your body as you move around in your sleep minimising the transfer of movement. Some of the best fillings have been utilised including cashmere, cotton, wool and polyester to give you the best
- The Pocket 4000 mattress is one of our medium to firm mattresses suitable for people who require the extra support from a firm mattress without the rigidity.
- At 25cm (10 inch) this is one of our thicker than standard mattresses.
- Hand made by skilled craftsmen in the UK, and conforms to all fire and safety regulations. Comes with 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- This mattress is available in all sizes. Custom sizes are also available upon further request.
FAQs - Pocket Spring Mattresses
(1) Is a 4000 pocket sprung mattress good?
The general rule of thumb is to get pocket sprung mattresses that have 1,000 springs or more – anything below that is considered low quality.
(2) Is pocket sprung mattress good for back pain?
Pocket sprung mattresses are especially effective at this, because the individual springs can move independently, allowing them to better follow the contours of the body than traditional open coil styles. So, ultimately, the best mattress for a bad back really depends on your build and sleeping style.
(3) Are pocket spring mattresses the best?
Pocket spring mattresses are great for people who like supportive mattresses with a more firm feeling to them. The springs have a lot of positive response, and feel like they hold you up more than many other mattress types. On the other hand, the firm support from a memory foam mattress may be more comforting.
(4) Is pocket sprung mattress better than memory foam?
They also have softer plush material layers to increase comfort. Some find that spring mattresses feel more supportive than foam, at least initially. This is particularly true for heavier people, who may benefit more from the coiled spring support systems than a foam base.
Memory foam mattresses are generally considered more durable than pocket sprung options. Support. If you have joint or spine problems, you’re likely to find memory foam more supportive.
(5) How long does a pocket sprung mattress last?
Choosing a pocket sprung mattress is a long-lasting investment, particularly if you opt for one with a high spring count. This is due to the strength and structural integrity provided by the individual springs. With the right amount of care and regular flipping, the sprung mattress can last between 8 to 10 years without falling foul to sagging. With the aid of a mattress protector to prevent external damage, this lengthy lifespan could be extended even further.